This is pretty neat -- and highly functional, especially for international students who probably won't have the chance to visit your campus before applying: http://www.usjournal.com/en/students/help/map.php.
That kind of pin-point localization is made possible by converting street addresses to points of latitude and longitude, using tools such as geocoder.us.
So what? Eighteen months ago, local search ads accounted for 5.6 percent of sponsored links on the major search engines; today it's more than one-third, according to WebProNews. Some categories like real estate have percentages approaching 50 percent of local sponsored links. Revenues from the local segment of search are expected to hover around one billion dollars this year.
Now what? It's more critical than ever to prominently display your campus' mailing address, perhaps on every page of your site. P.O. Boxes and addresses like Millionaire Benefactor Hall, Room 123 are simply not sufficient any more.
Learn more about how usjournal.com applies the latest eRecruitment trends and techniques to promote our exclusive list of advertisers. Contact email@example.com or review all of our promotional options:
There are still a few spaces available for the Academic Impressions' International Student Recruitment Conference in San Diego, 22-24 March:
|Cross Promotions: Like-minded Sites and Events
- Romanian International University Fair: Contact Alexandru Ghita, ph +4.0745.024.469, firstname.lastname@example.org, or riuf.ro.
- 1-2 Apr 2006: Bucharest
- As low as $680 for 2-day event; 15,000 visitors expected
- Study USA (U.S. Commercial Service) Fair: Contact Monica Rosas at +664-622-7450 or Monica.Rosas@mail.doc.gov, or buyusa.gov/mexico.
- AEO / ICE Fall Asia Middle East (F.A.M.E.) Expo: Contact Husain Neemuchwala, ph +905-785-0764, email@example.com, or ICEunlimited.com.
- 2-20 Oct 2006: Kathmandu, New Delhi, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Dubai
- Oh! America Education Fairs: Contact Brian Hockertz at firstname.lastname@example.org or ohamerica.net/aee.
- 21-24 Oct 2006: Taipei, Taichung, Kaoshiung
Online since 1996.
About usjournal.com, LLC
MP3 Audio Files
News / Updates
U.S. Education Fairs
If you know of any colleagues who would benefit from this newsletter, please
forward it. Also, let me know if
you would rather not receive future eUpdates. Thanks!
You are welcome to re-print this communique in full, under the condition that you include Reprinted with permission of Cheryl Darrup-Boychuck, usjournal.com, email@example.com.
50 East 2nd Street