here to inquire
Pittsburg State University
1701 South Broadway
Pittsburg, Kansas 66762
Why do more than 40 foreign-born faculty
call Pittsburg State University home?
Because of an excellent academic setting,
in the great American Midwest!
We invite you to join them.
A member University of the Kansas Board of Regents, Pittsburg State University
(PSU) has been delivering quality education programs for 100 years.
Enrolling 6,400 students in a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, PSU can
offer smaller class sizes and personal interaction with Professors.
The advantages of an education at Pittsburg State University:
- One of the most affordable tuition rates in the USA
- Home of the Kansas Technology Center - state of the art technology
education in the largest academic building in Kansas
- Business programs accredited by AACSB International
- Business Technology Institute
- Kansas Polymer Research Center
- Students from 40 different countries make up six percent of the total
- Intensive English Program
here to select your academic preference, and inquire about Pittsburg State.
Featured Academic Programs,
Colleges and Degrees Offered at Pittsburg State University
Intensive English Program: There are six levels of classes offered
in the Intensive English Program, from Elementary to Academic Preparation.
In Levels 1 through 5, students study a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Level 6, the Academic Preparation Course, is a special course designed
to meet the needs of students who plan to study at Pittsburg State University.
Students can achieve the English language requirement of PSU by successfully
completing Level 6. Necessary skills include note-taking, listening to
lectures, reading a college-level textbook, taking quizzes and tests,
studying and writing a research paper. All classes are taught in the context
of an actual general studies course.
In addition to our semester programs (which involve two eight-week sessions),
we also feature an eight-week summer program. This program is a true academic
course, though the Intensive English Program organizes activities every
session to help you learn about the United States and to practice your
College of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting, Economics,
Finance, Management, Marketing or Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science
- Featured Program: The Internal Auditing Program is one of a select group of elite programs worldwide to be officially endorsed by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). The IIA Kansas City Chapter, prominent business organizations, and professional leaders support the Internal Auditing Program at Pittsburg State University by sponsoring internships, contributing scholarships, providing other forms of financial assistance, and serving on the Advisory Board. PSU has received The Institute of Internal Auditors' CIA Academic Outreach Award multiple times for actively promoting the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) program.
The challenging, contemporary internal auditing curriculum exercises students' critical thinking and analytical skills, and prepares them to sit for the Certified Internal Auditor examination.
Students may elect to enter the program as either an Accounting major or Accounting minor. Non-accounting students who successfully complete the 21-hour internal auditing curriculum will earn a Minor in Internal Auditing.
College of Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (BSET) in Electronics,
Manufacturing Mechanical or Plastics
- Bachelor of Science in Technology (BST) in Construction Management,
Commercial Graphics, Printing Management, Technology Management, Automotive
Technology, or Wood Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Vocational Technical Education (BSVTE)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology Education (BSE)
- Featured Program: The Department of Engineering Technology is housed in the Kansas Technology Center, a recently constructed technology facility on the PSU campus. Pittsburg State University's Engineering Technology programs are a part of the total engineering education spectrum, and are committed to excellence in engineering technology education. The programs are comprised of elements of the technological spectrum requiring scientific and engineering knowledge plus the operational methods and skills devoted to achieving practical purpose in support of product-producing industries.
Specific concentrations include Construction Technology, Electronic Technology, Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Technology, and Plastics Technology.
- Featured Program: Automotive Technology is offered as a Bachelor of Science in Technology Degree, with an emphasis in service management, manufacturing management, diesel and heavy equipment or training.
An Associate Degree and / or Certificate Program is also available in Automotive Service Technology. All technology programs at Pittsburg State University are offered at the Kansas Technology Center on campus. The Center provides a modern and flexible learning environment including classrooms, computer labs, individual program laboratories, offices and other specialized facilities. Laboratories throughout the facility feature up-to-date equipment, much of it provided by industry and corporate partners of the University.
College of Education
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Physical Education or
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Recreation or Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology
- Featured Program: The Department of Psychology and Counseling offers the Bachelor of Science in Psychology for students who want to pursue a career in a psychology-related field immediately after graduation. The department enjoys a strong relationship with area mental health agencies, with many private and public organizations acting as training sites for students.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees in Biology,
Chemistry, Communication, English, Family and Consumer Sciences, French,
Spanish, History, Mathematics, Physics, Justice Studies, Geography,
Political Science, Social Science, Social Work, or Sociology
- Bachelor of Science in Biology-Medical Technology (BSMT)
- Bachelor of Music (BM) in Music Performance
- Bachelor of Music in Instrumental Music, or Vocal Music (BME)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Development
- Featured Program: Pittsburg State University's Broadcasting education prepares an individual for a meaningful career in the field of electronic media. The program is comprehensive and prepares students for careers in: news reporting and editing, audio and video production, remote sports production, sales, and computer technology. Pittsburg State University operates KRPS, a 100,000 watt FM public radio station, which also provides internship and employment opportunities.
Graduate School at Pittsburg State University
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in General Administration
- Masters of Art (MA) in Art, Communication, English, or History
- Masters of Science (MS) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics,
Social Science, Human Resource Development, Technology, Technology Education,
Technical Teacher Education, Teaching, Reading, Physical Education,
Counseling, Psychology, Educational Leadership, Educational Technology,
or Special Education Teaching
- Masters of Engineering Technology (MET)
- Masters of Music (MM)
- Masters of Nursing (MSN)
- EdS in Industrial Education, Counseling, School Psychology, Community
College and Higher Education, General School Administration
National / International Accreditations
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- AACSB International
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- American Chemical Society
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education Accreditation
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- The Foundry Education Foundation
- Masters of Psychology Accreditation Council
- Human Resource Development Accreditation Association
- National Recreational and Park Association / American Association for Leisure and Recreation (Therapeutic Recreation)
We look forward to welcoming you to Pittsburg State University in Kansas! For more info, review all of our programs and select the ones that interest you. Then complete the inquiry form, and we'll respond to you directly.