Which college to attend is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make. We encourage you to get to know Sierra College. Our commitment to learning and to building a supportive campus community is unique. We look forward to welcoming you!
Sierra College provides transfer opportunities to major universities, and grants Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degrees.
Sierra was founded in 1936, and is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The College maintains a strong national reputation based on excellence in such academic areas as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business and Communications Studies, Nursing, Early Childhood Education and many more! Click here to review all of our programs, and select the one that interests you. Then complete the inquiry form for more information.
Sierra College Advantages
- Beautiful Location: Sierra College is located at the foothills of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains, 160 kilometers east of San Francisco. Our main campus is in the safe, family-oriented town of Rocklin, a short distance from Sacramento, the California state capitol.
- On-Campus Accommodations: Sierra College is one of just a few California community colleges to have residence halls available on campus.
- Off-Campus Accommodations: You may choose from Sierra's homestay program, or we will assist you with finding a local apartment or room for rent.
- Academic Options to help you achieve your personal and professional goals:
- Special English Language classes to improve English skills
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degrees in more than 70 fields
- Academic preparation for pre-professional programs, including Medicine, Law, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary, etc.
- Transfer opportunities to four-year colleges and universities
- Good Value: Our annual tuition is $4,600. Compared to universities, students can save thousands of dollars by
taking advantage of the excellent educational opportunities at Sierra College.
- Services to ensure your success: We offer a very personal approach; we understand the special needs of our international students. We will help you with registration, accommodations, developing an educational plan, selecting your courses, assisting with visa issues, and much more. We'll also encourage you to participate in a wide range of activities including clubs, sports, music, and travel!
- Access to Outdoor Adventures: There are many golf courses, river systems and lakes within a 48-kilometer radius of the campus. In just one hour by car, you can be in the beautiful Lake Tahoe region that offers miles of trails and lakes for skiing, hiking, horseback riding and boating.
Academic Programs at Sierra College
Colleges and universities in the United States require a wider breadth of courses in undergraduate study than non-U.S. systems. Most students in the United States must take introductory courses in different fields, including humanities, science and mathematics, along with pre-major courses, before taking the advanced courses in their major field. Sierra College offers students the opportunity to take these same general education courses they would take at a four-year college or university, but at a lower cost.
After completing required courses at Sierra, many of our graduates transfer to top-quality public and private institutions to complete their degree. Our Transfer Center provides free resources and individualized services to help our students transition from Sierra College to the four-year college or university of their choice. UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UCLA, UC San Diego, and California State University at Sacramento are some of the many choices made by our students.
Our classes are small, averaging about 25 students per class. You will find that our professors are devoted to teaching, and are always willing to talk to you. Additional individual help and support is also available at no additional charge in our many learning laboratories and skill centers.
Majors and Degrees: Sierra College offers programs in more than 70 academic major fields of study. Students who complete their first two years of undergraduate requirements may also want to receive an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degree before transferring to a four-year university to complete their bachelor's degree.
The following majors are available at Sierra College, for Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degrees. Academic programs marked with * are also available as Certificates of Achievement.
Administration of Justice
Administration Professional *
Animal Science *
Apparel Design and Production *
Applied Art and Design *
Automotive Technology *
Business Entrepreneurship *
Business General *
Computer Information Systems *
Computer Integrated Electronics *
Computer Science *
Construction Technology *
Deaf Studies: American Sign Language *
Design Drafting *
Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Education - Teacher *
Early Childhood Education - Master Teacher
Early Childhood Education - Site Supervisor
Environmental Horticulture *
Equine Studies *
Fashion Merchandising *
Fire Technology *
Interior Design *
Nursing Vocational *
Real Estate *
Suburban Agriculture *
Watershed Ecology *
Certificates of Achievement: Technical
training and certificates are available in more than 50 career fields. Certificate
program curriculum has been developed in conjunction with advisory committees
from business and industry, and fully prepares Sierra students to go
directly into many exciting careers. Certificate programs typically require
1 to 1.5 years of study for completion, and are designed for a student planning
to go directly into their career of choice, rather than transferring to a four-year
In addition to the programs marked with * above, Sierra College also
has certificate programs in Graphic Design and Energy Technology.
Ready to enroll?
here to select your academic preferences,
and learn more about the admissions
(These requirements conform to the regulations
of the United States government for issuing F-1 visas.)
- The Sierra College International Student Application
- Proof of one of the following English language requirements:
- Score at least 133 (computer-based test), 450 (paper-based test) or 45 (Internet-based test) OR
- Enroll in the English as a Second Language (ESL) Program at Sierra College. The English language requirement is waived if you come from a country that uses English as the primary language in its educational system.
- Submit an original bank statement (in English) dated within three months, indicating there is at least a minimum of $US15,000. available to cover tuition and expenses. You will need two official copies; one for Sierra College, and one for the embassy. If the student has a sponsor, please send a letter of support.
- Official transcripts translated into English, indicating successful completion from a secondary school, equivalent to completion of an American high school. Also submit transcripts from any other college or university you may have attended. You will need two official copies; one for Sierra College, and one for the embassy.
- Submit a copy of the photo page from your valid passport.
- Send a non-refundable application processing fee of $100.00, payable to Sierra College. The $100.00 will be credited toward tuition at the time of registration. Please send by the following methods:
- Wire transfer (Contact us for specific details)
- MasterCard or Visa (Contact us for specific details)
- Cashier's Check or check drawn on a U.S. bank (Must have a 9-digit U.S. routing number in the MICR line)
Mandatory Sierra College Health Insurance: In the United States, health
care is extremely expensive, and there are no free medical facilities. All
international students attending Sierra College must purchase health
and accident insurance. There are no exceptions - even for students who may
have health insurance through their home countries. Application materials will be provided to you at the time of your
Important Health Information: When traveling from country to country,
a student may be exposed to different diseases. Sierra College encourages
immunization of the following types: Tetanus, Measles, and Rubella. We strongly
recommend that you complete this immunization before entering the United States.
The Tuberculosis (TB) test is required prior to or at the time of enrollment.
TB tests may be scheduled through our campus health center, for a
We look forward to welcoming you to Sierra College in California! To learn more, review
all of our programs and select the ones that interest you. Then complete
the inquiry form, and we'll respond to you directly. You are also welcome to visit sierracollege.edu/int/.