here to inquire
Texas A&M University
Dr. Tadeo Reyna, Director
Distance Learning and
700 University Boulevard
Kingsville, Texas 78363
About Texas A&M University - Kingsville: The University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in South Texas. The University's mission and scope have changed over the years to meet the needs of a growing and industrialized population, but Texas A&M - Kingsville is still steeped in the cultural diversity and traditions of South Texas. Today it is the premier research institution in South Texas, and one of the region's greatest universities.
The Intensive English Program (IEP) at Texas A&M - Kingsville trains non-English-speaking students in the English Language, to a level sufficient for entry into a college degree program. The program provides intensive oral and written communication instruction, and practices to facilitate a smooth transition into undergraduate and graduate university academic programs.
IEP students will be integrated into the academic, cultural and social life of the University to give them a fully-enriched study abroad experience. IEP provides each students with the opportunity to mix with American students in the dormitories, social clubs, athletic events, school dining halls, on the sports fields, and elsewhere. IEP students have the opportunity to live on campus, study English and use the University's facilities. IEP students are immersed in an English-speaking environment in the classroom, in their housing accommodations and in cultural activities throughout the campus and community.
The IEP Curriculum is focused on the needs and goals of each student. IEP provides intensive training in English for non-degree and degree-seeking students who are non-native speakers of English, and who have not reached the university's minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. The curriculum features academic and general interest topics and focuses on both accuracy and fluency. Course topics include:
- Reading skills and vocabulary
- Reading and writing rhetoric
- Grammar and writing conventions
- Conversation and listening
- Academic listening and speaking
- Research paper and report writing
- Cultural seminars
A computerized language lab with access to the World Wide Web provides an unlimited number of resources in English as a Second Language. Students who successfully reach the IEP criteria for English proficiency are exempted from the University's TOEFL requirement.
Estimated IEP Tuition, Fees and Other
semester, in U.S. dollars
|Tuition and Fees
|Housing Placement Fee
|Lodging and Meals*
|Airport Pickup Service
|Books / Materials / Software
- * Insurance, lodging and meals are subject to various plans and variable costs.
- ** Includes holidays and official university breaks.
- About SEVIS: A $100 SEVIS fee payment is required to be paid three days prior to setting an appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to obtain an F-1 or J-1 Visa. Payments can be made at fmjfee.com. You may view or download our PDF document about the SEVIS fee.
- For an 8-week session, a financial letter of guarantee in the amount of $3,387. is required before an I-20 can be issued.
- For a 16-week session, a financial letter of guarantee in the amount of $6,571. is required before an I-20 can be issued.
- If you select to attend an 8-week session and later decide to study for 16 weeks, you can continue to extend your F-1 Visa as many times as needed or required. Bridge Program Costs will be calculated when you register for both the English Language Program and University Courses.
- The University will issue an I-20 for the student to obtain an F-1 Visa to come to the U.S. to study after a letter of financial guarantee and an application for admission has been submitted.
- Dates and fees are approximate, and may change without prior notice.
to proceed with the inquiry process.
Academic Programs at A&M - Kingsville are current and relevant to today's workplace and the world at large. The University features 56 bachelor's degrees in 52 fields of study, and 61 graduate degrees in 39 areas. Within the campus' six colleges, you will find programs not available at many other colleges and universities, such as Industrial Technology, Wildlife Sciences, Communication Sciences and Disorders, and Logistics. Our academic programs are recognized for quality and rigor, as evidenced by the prestigious accreditations we hold, the quality of the faculty we attract, and the success our graduates achieve in every field.
- College of Agriculture and Human Sciences is known worldwide for the Rio Star grapefruit, developed at the Citrus Center in Weslaco, and nationwide for the Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, one of the leading wildlife research programs in the country. In addition, pioneering work is being done in the College on the technology of single chromosome transfer and the identification of phytochemicals with human health benefits. In the area of human sciences, the College boasts accreditation of its Center for Young Children by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and of its dietetics internship program by the American Dietetics Association.
- College of Arts and Sciences is A&M - Kingsville's largest and most diverse college. Many of the programs in the College of Arts and Sciences are known for their quality and the success of their graduates. The College also provides the core curriculum that provides the foundation for every major at A&M - Kingsville.
- College of Business Administration offers students undergraduate and graduate programs that are nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs and a faculty who bring a wide range of achievements to the classroom. The College is home to the J.R. Manning Center for Professional Ethics. The Center strives to develop ethical decision-making skills among students in the University's various colleges to enrich the students' professional contributions.
- College of Education is preparing the next generation of classroom teachers and administrators as well as providing master's and doctoral-level programs for those already in the field. The teacher education program is a field-based program, with close collaboration with area school districts and many courses having students in public school sites at least 50 percent of the time.
- College of Engineering offers Engineering Accreditation by EAC of ABET accredited programs in chemical, natural gas, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering, as well as programs in environmental engineering, industrial engineering, computer science and industrial technology. The College of Engineering, which will be housed in the new Javelina Engineering Complex, a state-of-the-art facility, is responsible for a significant amount of research -- more than $2 million in research expenditures annually much of which involves undergraduate students.
- College of Pharmacy is a learning-intensive, student-centered, ability-based educational program. A new state-of-the art building provides a total of 63,000 square-foot area to support our curricular and programmatic goals. Our faculty and staff are committed to the education, professional training and the overall success of our students by helping them develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to be confident and caring pharmacy professionals in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
Texas A&M - Kingsville is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The University also holds accreditation with seven other associations and is a member of more than 30 professional organizations.
Estimated Tuition and Fees for Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees
per semester, in U.S. dollars, for Non-Residents of Texas
The University reserves the right to change fees upon board approval.
|12 class hours (one semester), at the Undergraduate level
|9 class hours (one semester), at the Graduate level
|Approximate room and board expenses, for 4 months
The total estimated expenses for a nine-month period (which equals two semesters) is $20,697. In order for TAMUK to issue an I-20 (an application for a student visa), the student must provide financial documentation proving that he / she has access to those funds.
A limited number of scholarships are available to qualifying students, via Texas A&M - Kingsville's individual colleges and / or departments. To begin your search for appropriate funding, please choose the academic program that interests you, then complete the form that follows. International admissions counselors will respond with further information.
Campus Life and Kingsville, Texas: The University is located in historic Kingsville, a friendly, safe city of 25,000 that is the home of the legendary King Ranch. Corpus Christi and its beaches are just 40 miles to the northeast, and the border with Mexico is 120 miles to the south at Brownsville or 119 miles to the west at Laredo.
Most of Texas A&M - Kingsville's approximately 5,900 students come from South Texas, but there is wide diversity in the population, with students from more than 35 states and more than 43 countries. The student body is split almost equally between men (52 percent) and women (48 percent). Eighty-two percent of students are undergraduates. Ethnically, the campus reflects the demographics of the area, with 61 percent of the students Hispanic, 27 percent white, and five percent African American. About five percent are international students.
We look forward to welcoming you to Texas A&M University - Kingsville! To learn more, review
all of our programs and select the ones that interest you. Then complete
the inquiry form, and we'll respond to you directly.